Meet Christopher Choquette
- Representing a condominium association in Florida’s panhandle, recovered a seven-figure settlement for damages resulting from Hurricane Michael without needing to file a lawsuit.
- In representing a commercial property owner that owns a resort venue that has multiple buildings damaged by Hurricane Irma, obtained additional recoveries far beyond the insurance company’s initial payment.
- Representing a local real estate developer specializing in retail shopping centers, including this commercial shopping plaza, recovered a significant six-figure appraisal award after filing litigation to compel appraisal.
- Representing the owner of four commercial properties in South Florida – all of which suffered damages in excess of $65 million and representing this owner as to a fifth loss as to one of these properties, which subsequently suffered a fire loss. Our Insurance Practice Group obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement just as to the fire loss. As to the Irma claims, our Insurance Group continues to assist the owner throughout the claim process in counseling it as to the submittal of multiple proofs of loss to multiple layers of insurance companies, complying with post-loss requests, assessing and documenting the damages, assembling a group of experts to analyze and assess the damages, and analyzing and evaluating claims by and against third parties.
- Successfully represented numerous residential homeowners across Florida in obtaining nearly 100% of the amount demanded prior to jury trial.
- Berger Singerman
- Groelle & Salmon, P.A.,
Christopher Choquette is a founding partner of Clausen Choquette PLLC whose practice focuses on first-party insurance coverage and commercial property claims investigation and litigation. Prior to forming Clausen Choquette, Chris was a partner with a statewide commercial litigation firm where he represented residential and commercial policyholders in claims against their insurance companies. Although Chris now dedicates his practice to representing policyholders, he spent his first eight years of practice representing domestic property insurance companies across the state of Florida. Chris has extensive experience and perspective from both sides of a first-party claim on a wide array of issues, including hurricane damage, water claims, fire and vandalism losses, and appraisal.
Complex Commercial Litigation Insurance
J.D., Stetson University College of Law
B.A. in Political Science, University of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida